Human Resources Specialist
Our client, awell-established non-profit organization serving the needs of persons with mental health and intellectual disabilities headquartered in Erie County is seeking afull time Human Resources Specialistwho will have primary responsibility for overseeing all employment verification and employment compliance requirements for this organization. In addition, this individual will provide affiliated administrative/due diligence employment related activities along with being a member of the HR Team serving other needs within the Department as a “backup” as required. This position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources.We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual with a track record of positive results within the Human Resources Employmentarena.This self-driven, motivated person must possess attention to detail, day-to-day data entry experience, strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Astrong work ethic, commitment to success andthe ability to prioritize are critical. The ideal candidate will be degreed(A.S./B.A.Human Resources/Business Administration)with preference given to one who possesses a PHR or SPHR,and demonstrate the prior HR experience(5+ years) that would qualify that individual to succeed in this HR staffposition.
Specific areas of experience required for success in this position include:
- Employment Verification Activities/Process;
- Employment Compliance Activities;
- Facilitate Clearances, Physicals, Mantouxs;
- Entering All HR Related Data Into HR/Payroll Databases;
- Entering Corrective Action Documentation;
- Process Unemployment Documentation and Attend Unemployment Hearings;
- Technology Skills & Experience with Sharepoint/365(preferred);
- Familiarity with DPW Regulations is a Plus;
- Motivated Self Starter with a Professional Demeanor;
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills;
- Demonstrated Computer Literacy;
- Sense of Urgency, Well Organized and Ability to Prioritize, Desire to Cross-Train.
In addition, excellent time management skills and the ability to function as part of a “team” are desired traits. Someone with experience in a similar environmentand who has served in a similar capacitywould find this career opportunity to be fulfilling and challenging.
The hiring organization is a premier non-profit corporation in the Erie area & surrounding counties and has earned a reputation for high quality, dedicated commitment to its clients. They are looking for an employee who is seeking a career in this industry.
In return, this organization provides a locally competitive wage, a stable work environment, drug free workplace, clean and positive work environment, and a competitive benefits package.
Please reply in confidence with your salary requirements indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.