Human Resources Specialist(Recruiting/Retention)
Our client, awell-established non-profit organization serving the needs of persons with mental health and intellectual disabilities headquartered in Erie County is seeking afull time Human Resources Specialist with overall responsibility for the Recruitment/Retention process. This position reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources will have primary responsibility for the Recruitment & Employee Retention process and affiliated administrative/due diligence employment related activities. We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual with a track record of positive results within the Human Resources Employmentarena along with credible background in other HR Generalist areas including other forms of leaves such as FMLA, Military Leave, General Leave, and ADA.This self-driven, motivated person must possess attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Astrong work ethic, commitment to success, the ability to prioritize and strong organizational skills are critical. The ideal candidate will be degreed(A.S./B.A.Human Resources/Business Administration)with preference given to one who possesses a PHR or SPHR,and demonstrate the prior HR experience(5+ years) that would qualify that individual to succeed in this HR staffposition.
Specific areas of experience required for success in this position include:
- Recruitment/Hiring Process(start to finish);
- Internal Posting of All Positions;
- Knowledge/Experience with Regulatory Compliance Requirements;
- Pre-employment Screening/Reference Checking;
- Facilitate/Participate in “On Boarding” Activities;
- Performance Management Process during Introductory Period;
- New Hire Orientations;
- Exit Interviews;
- Internal Job Tracking/Staff Update Reports;
- Technology Skills & Experience with Sharepoint/365;
- Experience with Recruiting Events/Activities;
- Familiarity with DPW Regulations is a Plus;
- Motivated Self Starter with a Professional Demeanor;
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills;
- Demonstrated Computer Literacy;
- Sense of Urgency, Well Organized and Ability to Prioritize, Desire to Cross-Train;
In addition, excellent time management skills and the ability to function as part of a “team” are desired traits. Someone with experience in a similar environmentand who has served in a similar capacitywould find this career opportunity to be fulfilling and challenging.
The hiring organization is a premier non-profit corporation in the Erie area & surrounding counties and has earned a reputation for high quality, dedicated commitment to its clients. They are looking for an employee who desires a career in this industry.
In return, this organization provides a locally competitive wage, a stable work environment, drug free workplace, clean and positive work environment, and a competitive benefits package.
Please reply in confidence with your salary requirements indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.