Superintendent w/Healthcare Construction Background
Your new company
Austin TX: We are working with a leading construction firm that is seeking an experience Project Superintendent with a background in Healthcare development in the Austin area. This position would be responsible for schedules, coordinates and supervises all field employees and subcontractor work forces on the assigned project. This includes compliance with the contract terms for quality, schedule and profitability.
Your New Role
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Confer with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Assign and monitor members of project team to various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Establish project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts and outcomes in the field. Discuss and document during subcontractor weekly meetings. .
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise, mentor and perform regular performance evaluations for all employees assigned to this position.
- Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment as outlined in the intranet Safety Manual.
What you'll Need to Succeed
- 7+ years of experience in a superintendent role
- Healthcare construction experience is REQUIRED
- Strong Communication and Listening Skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management.
What you'll get in return
- Work for one of Austin's top places to work
- Challenging and Rewarding Projects
- Upward Mobility
- Millennial Friendly Company Culture
What you'll need to do now