- Acts as a receptionist for office
a. Answers, screens, and routes telephone calls correctly.
b. Assists patients, families, and the public.
c. Answers intercom system and relays information to responsible person.
d. Ascertains identify of all person.
e. Checks patient in on admission. Escorts patient to registration area and assigned room.
f. Records daily stats in computer
- Maintains adequate level of supplies. Obtains and returns equipment to proper department.
- Responsible for neat and orderly environment by maintaining bulletin boards with current notices.
- Responsible for filing daily assignment sheet by shift.
- Receives, opens and appropriately distributes center mail.
- Receives, opens and appropriately distributes materials faxed to center.
PREPARE FOR DAILY SCHEDULES
-Verifies status of all patient charts for the next day. Communicates deficiencies.
-Prepares charts for the next day:
a. Verify chart for each scheduled patient.
b. Place label sheet and documents received in appropriate patient's chart.
c. Obtain outstanding lab results.
d. Notify Registered Nurse of status of outstanding lab work.
- Make copies of next day schedule and distribute to appropriate units.
-Write next day's schedule on board.
-Record changes on schedule.
-Enter discharge times and dispositions into computer
HEALTH INFORMTAION MANAGEMENT:
-Place order for diagnostic procedures for patients in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining the patient's medical record:
- Accurate identification of all patient forms and correct organization of medical records.
- Prepares medical record at discharge.
- Attaches loose reports to proper record
High School diploma / GED required