INSURANCE VERIFICATION REPRESENTATIVES
Florida Orthopaedic Institute
Responsible for accurately and efficiently verifying and documenting all new and existing insurance benefits to ensure that the correct co-pay/co-insurance is collected at the time of service and authorization requirements are met for office visits and for diagnostic testing dates of service.
- Coordinate with appropriate primary care physicians and/or insurance companies to obtain referrals for office visits and/or diagnostic testing prior to the patients scheduled appointment.
- Ensure all authorizations are properly documented in the system.
- Advise patients of any potential problems concerning obtaining authorization prior to the scheduled appointment and/or diagnostic test.
- Utilize the Internet (Emdeon, Availity, Humana Military (Tricare) and United Healthcare online) services to obtain referrals/authorizations/benefits.
- Contacting insurance companies via phone or internet to obtain effective date of insurance coverage, type of coverage, co-pay or co-insurance information, coverage for diagnostic testing, PCP information if required.
- Ensure all benefit information if properly documented in the system.
- Contact patient if information we have is not correct or we are unable to verify benefits for any reason, in order to obtain accurate information prior to patients scheduled appointment.
- Assure compliance with all company plans, policies and procedures set forth by the Florida Orthopaedic Institute
- All other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
* 2 years experience in a medical clinic or health insurance
* Intermediate data entry skills
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.