WHO ARE WE?
Get to know (ISMI) !
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, ISMI. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of ISMI is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
Special Education Teacher provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs as defined by each student’s IEP. The special education teacher is also responsible for the compliance documents required in serving students with special needs.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Implement instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
- Create instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
- Collaborate with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
- Actively participate in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
- Host live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
- Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
- Participate in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
- Collects data and work samples to support documentation of IEP goals;
- Documents all contact with parents, collaborations with general education teachers, and interventions with students
- Makes modifications and accommodations to K12 lessons and assessments as specified by the IEP
- Collaborates with general education teachers to ensure inclusion and success of student in the general education classroom
- Collaborates on all progress, semester and grade reports
- Provides special education services to students; supports general education teachers and parents with student accommodations to promote the attainment of IEP goals
- Communicates with parents and applicable related service staff to ensure that students with special needs are receiving the appropriate therapies
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students? Are you driven to focus on students’ individual needs? Do you excel at managing the learning process?
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must live in Michigan
- **Upload an ~image~ of your Michigan special educator certification to your K12 profile.
- Bachelor’s Degree(s) AND
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
- Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
- Teaching Certificate(s) - Michigan special educator
- Performance Evaluations
- Prior Year State Assessment Data
- Reference Letter(s)
Certificates and Licenses:
- Appropriate state certification.- Michigan special educator
Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel about once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- Ability to clear required background check(s)
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
- Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
- Must live in Michigan
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description