Title: IT Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA
- Equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with major course work in DevOps, system administration, web front- and back-end design and development, and other web technologies.
- Proven track record in leading enterprise wide web solution designs and development including developing technical roadmaps, preferably for government web products.
- Proven track record with application architecture for enterprise-wide systems such as multi-tier, distributed and web-based system architecture and development principles, and internet/intranet application delivery mechanisms.
- Proven track record in leading analysis and developing solution designs for web processes and systems.
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget product development with a high degree of user satisfaction and quality.
- Experienced with agile project management methodologies
- Experienced with third-party integrations and customizations for seamless multi-system functionality, including content management system development and configuration.
- Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design and development.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of web program design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Experienced with translation of business, information, and technical requirements to provide solutions that meet business needs.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of systems implementation including conversion, data reconciliation, user training, and documentation.
- Experience with preparing data sets and reports in support of more complex analysis.
- Experienced with documenting functional and technical specifications in the development cycle.
- Experienced with developing system test plans and test script development.
- Experienced at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of object oriented design and programming architectures and design patterns.
- Knowledge of systems security and data encryption.
- Knowledge of digital government and digital government strategies
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative technical solutions, costs and benefits.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Ability to build coalitions among the various stakeholders using excellent conflict resolution skills, where needed.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to steering committees and other executive level leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
- Experience in user research and data analysis
- Experience in software development, data modeling and other tools, languages, and report generators.
- Experience in system test plan development and execution from unit test to UAT
- Develop a working web prototype for the Conceptual Redesign Project that can be used to develop a full-scale production redesign.
- In collaboration with the Web Services Team and JCC IT Architect, define technical roadmaps and technical feasibility of enterprise wide strategies.
- Detail technical solution designs of processes and systems
- Translate prototypes and designs into production quality web sites, in collaboration with UX lead designer and Web Services.
- Recommends/sets data standards to improve quality of data and speed of analysis
- Coordinate and track project issues and deliverables
- Provide leadership, direction, training and work review for technical staff on design, coding testing, and maintenance of project deliverables.
- Facilitate technical issue resolution and escalate issues that cannot be resolved in the team
- Communicate with contracted vendors, trial court personnel, justice partners, and management regarding deployment strategies, identified issues, and possible resolutions.
- Assist with systems test planning and test script development.
- Design and develop web features and provide technical implementation details
- Work with clients, team members, and management to understand business requirements and ensure that client expectations are understood and met.
- Provide guidance and input to clients through each project stage.
- Document technical user requirements and specifications for use in the development cycle.
- Identify and evaluate alternative technical solutions such as evaluating different web or system solutions, as needed; analyze the pros and cons of each solution including preparing high-level budgets for each solution and present those findings to stakeholders.
- Apply forward-thinking design and development principles to product and/or services development, delivery and program management, such as lean startup, user-centered design, and agile development
- Assess the state of digital services provided by the Courts, and work to align technical strategies and practice; conferring with our client's offices, local courts and top experts in the field
- Act as a liaison between business users and technical team.
- Analyze and scope the technical and policy requirements needed to implement digital solutions for court users
- Communicate project activities, performance and status
- Ensure the project is delivered in budget, on schedule, and in scope.
- Other tasks, as assigned.