Information Technology at the Wisconsin Department of Justice has undergone rapid transformation to become a place where the culture continuously strives to achieve the art of the possible. We are now seeking an experienced IT executive to lead development, implementation, oversight and management of the information systems, technology infrastructure, and services for the Department of Justice. This position serves the business of Justice directing all activities related to IT including: IT strategic planning, disaster recovery planning, IT portfolio management, contracts, budget, development of online applications, systems development projects, database administration, local and wide area network, User Endpoint Management, security in a criminal justice environment, and IT project management. IT at the Wisconsin Department of Justice is a dynamic forward thinking environment—with a strong focus on competitive service delivery—with a service broker mindset, emphasis on customer service, and commitment to the quality, availability, performance, security, and compliance requirements consistent with the importance of our mission.
Salary: Starting annual salary is between $77,000 and $120,640
As the Director of the Bureau of Computing Services, this position serves as the Department’s Chief Information Officer and is responsible for managing all technology programs and services in alignment with departmental business needs and modern best practices. The position reports to the Division Administrator and works closely with the Executive Leadership Team.
The DOJ does not sponsor work visas. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required Employment Eligibility Form I-9.
A background check will be conducted on applicants prior to selection. Upon hire, all new DOJ employees will be fingerprinted.
At a minimum, qualified candidates must have executive level experience in the following areas:
1. Leading IT infrastructure/architecture planning and applying enterprise level IT best practices.
2. Significant experience directing IT services for a large organization; resource management, developing vision and strategy, and vendor management.
3.Demonstrated experience planning and leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environment by taking advantage of emerging technologies.
4. Setting strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems and programs, including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
In addition well qualified candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, planning, and allocating resources in a fiscally responsible manner to support the organization’s mission and business priorities.
- Success in developing collaborative teams and directing, coaching, leading, and mentoring team members to ensure alignment with the bureau, division, and department goals and performance objectives.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization including executive and management-level leadership.
How To Apply: http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=94600&jobid=94114&org=455&class=13550&index=true
Current state employees with Career Executive status may apply with a resume and cover letter addressing your experience related to the job duties described above to firstname.lastname@example.org