The Help Desk supporter will respond to incoming requests and resolve customer problems via the telephone, email, web, etc. supporting network and email connectivity, computer operating systems, hardware and software applications, internally developed applications, mainframe and midrange operations.
• Records inquiries, provides input on, resolves or directs requests to appropriate technical area or vendor, tracks status and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
• Escalates to or consults with senior staff when solution is unclear.
• Reports problems with procedures and makes suggestions for improvements.
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred and at least one year of experience in IT or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Strong customer service skills. Technical aptitude with strong PC literacy skills. Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems. Basic knowledge of a LAN/WAN environment.
• Associate degree in Technical or Business discipline preferred, at least two years of experience in IT or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Requires sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, work flow process and procedures to resolve most inquiries independently.
• Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other staff.