Hiring IT Help Desk Manager
Investing in our people, we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Help Desk Managerin the Charlotte, NC area to join our team!
Create a strong recruitment engine to attract the best technical talent for our professional services and cloud divisions. This is a hunting role that will be actively networking in the IT space, including IT Meet Ups, Conferences and other after hour’s events.
The IT Help Desk Manager is a 24x7x365 position responsible for providing technical support to Flexential customers and personnel management of support resources. Your solid understanding of IT production systems support across the OSI model, facilities infrastructure, and experience with personnel management will enable you to lead a dynamic team in a fun and high paced environment. Our IT Help Desk Manager is entrusted and enabled to leverage their excellent communication and problem solving skills to manage support staff. In this role, you will be provide personnel management and leadership of staff dedicated to Flexential Service Support.
- Manage the central service delivery staff to deliver to objectives focused on optimal service and support to Flexential customers.
- Accountable for the timely and accurate completion of servicing incidents, requests, and tasks assigned to you and/or your team.
- Engage staff appropriately to deliver on department projects, improvement opportunities and personnel development plans.
- Responsible for successful execution, review and compliance of new and existing procedures for all assigned staff.
- Manage assigned team members via tracking measurable and achievable goals, corrective actions, and/or meeting as necessary with central team members to provide timely management oversight.
- Provide manager representation for proper communication between the customer, partners, and/or internal departments.
- Provide summary reports, analysis, and action plans for managing positive outcomes for all central customer engagements.
- Serve as management owner responsible for all action items derived from shift reports and manage staff accountability.
- Manage staff engagement with knowledge management initiatives, including training, and new hire onboarding.
- Manage and ensure proper coverage for shift personnel, approve timecards, and arrange shift coverage for PTO/holidays.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a personnel manager within an IT Support environment. Multi-customer preferred.
- AA, BS, and/or actively pursuing and advanced degree in the technology field
- Network +, Security + and / or CCNA desired
- Microsoft MCP or MCSA preferred
- Use of command line tools such as CMD, Telnet, SSH, GIT, and SCP (Powershell, Bash or VBScript language skills is a plus)
- Fundamental understanding of Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Fundamental understanding of OSI model, Basic Networking and troubleshooting concepts
- Fundamental understanding of Firewall, Networking and Load balancer concepts
- Positive attitude with a strong sense of urgency and ownership of quality work deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and lead by example to follow and/or improve operating procedures
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills and strong decision making under pressure, is critical to this position
- Ability to maintain a steady sense of calm during potentially tense situations
- Experience managing ITSM systems in an ITIL environment; ITIL v3 certification is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Criminal background check required. EOE
How important is it to you to work in an environment where you have the freedom to solve problems the way you'd like to? Does completing meaningful work with real world impact excite you? Is the “WHY” you go to work every day important to you? Do you want the work you do to make a difference?
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.