IT Infrastructure Project Manager - Contract - Parsippany, NJ - $70 per hour
IT Infrastructure Project Manager - Contract - Parsippany, NJ
As a Project Manager, you will focus on projects related to integrating products within our technical product team. You will ensure a predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. You will plan, coordinate, and monitor scope and partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects typically impact a single business unit or functional area.
* Takes projects from original concept through final implementation working with internal resources and external customers.
* Defines scope and project objectives.
* Interfaces with all areas affected by the project, both internal and external.
* Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, and status reports.
* Documents new processes and procedures identified throughout the project relating to new product/feature functionality.
* Conducts internal and external project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
* Recommends and takes actions to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
* Creates and maintains a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, ETAs, task dependencies, and critical paths.
* Coordinates with other project managers and organizational entities to identify and monitor issues, impacts and dependencies.
* Prepares and conducts informal and formal presentations
* Displays strong understanding of the organization's business strategies and apply knowledge to all project activities
* Builds relationships with all functional areas and manage stakeholder expectations
* Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
* Manage the change control process, including owning the process documentation related to the overall process flow for the Business Unit.
* Controls and tracks project performance, time allocations, cost, and quality by constantly evaluating project progress and conducting regular team status meetings.
* Coordinates with other line of business managers for integration and continued product advancement.
* Ability to author comprehensive scope and solutions documents with input from technical resources.
* Follows through with Development Releases for product fixes and product integrations.
* Provides reporting to Senior Level Management.
* Manages projects and time tracking.
* Responds to occasional requests for additional off-hour work in the event of an emergency client incident or critical business need
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
* Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a project management and/or consulting role
* Experience managing cross-functional projects
* Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient with Project Management Tools including MS Project
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a matrix environment
* Ability to operate independently with minimal guidance by management
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience working in the Information Technology and/or Financial industry
* Experience with implementations, configuration, or project coordination of Fiserv solutions
* Experience utilizing Remedy for requesting change controls
* Experience working with online banking and security products a plus
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.