Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
- IT Engagement with the Corning Optical Communication Commercial Business (OCO – Optical Commercial Organization).
- Working with OCO to understand, anticipate and drive demand.
- Collaborate and influence OCO in regards to a digital strategy to deliver against business aims and objectives.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Leadership, guidance and input on all IT aspects including strategy, architecture, planning, and execution on e-commerce and Digital initiatives.
- Collaborate with OCO and peers to develop and implement an IT Digital Strategy and roadmap.
- Partner with IT and OCO to develop business cases and manage expectations around service, cost, risk, delivery and lifecycle requirements
- Ability to engage with broader ecosystems encompassing a range of businesses and technologies as well as position themselves to take advantage of emerging technologies such as Big Data, portals, artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things
- Link the architectural vision with the business vision and build solutions that focus on business value, not just technical excellence
- Help extrapolate what the future digital experience vision means for existing architecture, operating processes, skills, sourcing, governance, and culture.
- Identify and understand the options available for delivering a Web presence, including traditional Web technologies, portal frameworks, mobile technologies and the emerging user experience platform.
- Create the appropriate structure for governance, including how to manage many websites and portals, especially those that overlap in functionality.
- Determine how the IT organization will design, deploy and maintain COC website or portal, and which tools, technologies and/or cloud services will be used.
- Ensure websites are multichannel and/or multi-device, social, and contextual, and have significant application capabilities.
- Leverage digital technologies to gain competitive differentiation through speed, efficiency, and the development of new business models based on combining digital services with physical products.
- Seek out industry best practices and evaluate trends in innovation and apply them in ways that benefit the entire company
- Responsible for the IT budget and Performance Excellence portfolio to eliminate legacy, waste and inefficient cost structures.
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders and OCO to prepare for budget planning cycles.
- Provide Spending forecasts.
- Responsible for working with the business to define new roles to support new e-commerce business processes and content management.
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead, the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Resolve issues and identify opportunities by engaging business resources.
- Act as an organizational representative to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of performance standards and best practices.
Measures of Success:
- Enable commercial organization to achieve growth, customer access and customer retention targets that are a result of a digital, real-time, omni-channel interactive customer experience.
- IT Investment Results (aligned with corporate strategy, financials, and change management).
- Performance Excellence Targets, including Service Outputs and Customer Satisfaction/Engagement Levels.
- Corporate IT Alignment as defined in the annual strategy process.
- Solid Project Portfolio Performance (Cost, Schedule, Benefit).
- IT Innovation Portfolio
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s Degree / MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of Information Technology and/or Product Marketing experience in a Global Manufacturing and Distribution environment
- Proven performance record in supervisory and strategy roles, preferably around digital process transformations in Sales, Marketing, PLM and Customer Service Systems.
- Exhibit outstanding leadership skills, willingness to take ownership and the ability to flex and meet increased demand.
- Proven track record on delivering business outcomes from Digital initiatives
- Possess outstanding communications skills and be able to effectively articulate organization goals and objectives at all levels.
- Must have a passion for success. Must demonstrate a proven willingness to go the extra mile, to take on the things that need to be done and maintain a positive attitude that can adapt to change.
- Excellent strategic skills, with the ability to chart the right course and make agile alterations when needed.
- Strong bias for action and an ability to deliver results despite the complex and fluid environment.
- Leadership ability to drive change and results through influence and the ability to envision the possibilities and "what-ifs" with a fresh new perspective.
- Knowledgeable across multiple technology components that include the web/mobile user interface, social media and back-end databases, including but not limited to the following:
o SAP Hybris Portfolio
o SAP CRM
o Customer Service Call Center Applications & Telephony
o Web Self Service
o Customer Facing Extranet Sites
o Social Media/Networking
o Digital Catalogs, Knowledge Management
o Backend/Back Office Integratio
o Data Analytics
o Product Configurators
o Big Data
o S/4 HANA SAP
Travel: Regular domestic travel (1-2 per month) and annual international travel (1-2 per year).
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.