IT Network Security Specialist
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Type: Full Time
We are looking for the next member of our DevOps Team. Our DevOps team is a 5-person team of software developers and system administrators dedicated to building and maintaining an advanced network infrastructure and software development environment to support a variety of projects and people in both Windows and Linux environments. The IT Network Security Specialist will support development of Risk Management Framework (RMF) Certification and Accreditation documentation, standard operating procedures, policies and security instructions for both networked and stand-alone computer systems and provides oversight and guidance for multiple systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
RMF Certification Support: development & maintenance of authorization packages, account management, security auditing and configuration management reporting. Assist in creating/updating Cyber Security policies, procedures and regulations to assist with identifying potential Cyber Security issues. Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard information systems, networks and databases. Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications and information systems security education/ awareness programs. Establishes and satisfies system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands. Network administration and other duties as assigned.
Please apply if you have the skills and qualifications listed below and want to work for a flexible company that cares about software and the employees.
- 2+ years of recent experience with DoD RMF/Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) package creation, and implementation of technical controls
- Experience supporting the RMF accreditation process from Steps 1 through 6
- Current Top-Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility required. Must be a U.S. Citizen. NO EXCEPTIONS
Experience with/knowledge of:
- Cyber systems development and sustainment
- Network protection, attack, and exploitation
- Integration and test for DoD & USAF systems
- DoD, USAF, and interagency information assurance requirements
- DoD, USAF, and interagency security accreditation procedures
- Current applicable SAP and SCI information assurance requirements (e.g., JSIG, RMF, JAFAN, etc.)
- DoD and/or USAF Special Access Programs
- Numerous methods of communication/data transmission
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field (or equivalent experience)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP (CCNP-Security, CASP CE, or other DOD approved 8570 IAT Level III Certification)
- Experience performing the duties of an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in the RMF process
- Experience testing and implementing DoD Security Technical Information Guides (STIGs) and devising mitigation strategies, applying Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) patches to systems and complete security compliance scans upon applying patches or updates to the system.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, providing IA guidance to other team members.
- Good understanding of SDLC process in a DoD environment.
- 3-4 years of technical experience in systems/network administration or software development
- Demonstrated Windows and/or Linux Operating System Administration
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal & ability to adapt to a dynamic customer-oriented environment.
Stellar Science is a forward-thinking business that allows its employees to work at home on occasion when consistent with job requirements. Standard benefits include ten paid federal holidays (which may be floated as desired), three weeks vacation, a generous fully employer-funded SEP IRA, and fully employer-funded health insurance, as well as dental, disability, and life insurance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, in accordance with CFR 60-1.