Brief Posting Description
Responsible for Information Technology (IT) Operations Network day-to-day security activities including developing, administrating, and enforcing logical and manual network security controls and procedures. Responsible for protecting company hardware, software, networks and data in a UNIX, Linux, Windows, Firewall, Networking and Internet distributed system environment and working with Cyber Security Network (CSN) team lead to meet the IT security and network demands. Responsible for evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining compliance functions for assets in a highly secured network and providing appropriate documentation for compliance. Responsible for evaluating, selecting, testing, implementing and enforcing manual and automated security controls that promote and safeguard Tri-State data and systems.
NOTE: There is one position available and this position will be filled at either the IT Network Security Specialist I (NB17), IT Network Security Specialist II (NB19), IT Network Security Specialist III (NB21) or IT Senior Network Security Specialist(NB23). This decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate and Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or information systems or other related area.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Proven skills with TCP/IP, LAN and WAN networking
- Knowledge of designing and implementing core application services including Network Time Protocol (NTP), Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Extensive network protocol knowledge including the use of first hop routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and VXLAN.
- Strong packet analysis knowledge.
- Expertise in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems in support of router/switches, firewalls, and wireless
- Proven success in implementing network security monitoring and instrumentation.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Project management skills required to provide leadership in planning and organizing hardware and software changes.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications, relating technical aspects to management and end users.
- Strong skills in reading and evaluating technical information. Skills in managing, planning and organizing personal work efforts
- Skills and experience in firewall administration, network intrusion detection system (IDS) administration, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, Anti-virus administration consoles, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Linux operating systems and advanced cyber security toolkits, malware analysis, penetration testing, and digital forensics tools.
- Ability to react calmly, quickly, and rationally during crisis situation.
- Knowledge of North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP).
- Familiarity with current enterprise network defense capabilities and global cyber threats.
- Knowledge of security techniques and information systems controls to secure an enterprise infrastructure.
- Eight (8) years of progressive related experience in networking and security.
- Experience with Wireless network design and site surveys.
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and deployment with Hardware Security Modules (HSM).
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies within Enterprise and Datacenter networks.
- Experience with network access control solutions and 802.1 x authentications.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time on an annual basis. (Possession of a current valid driver's license or ability to obtain).
- Must be able to physically deploy switches, wireless access points, firewalls, and other networking devices.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Certification as information systems auditor (CISA), information systems security professional (CISSP) or other certifications a plus.
- CCIE, CCNP, CISSP and GIAC certifications highly desirable.
The above requirements describe the experience and education qualifications for the IT Network Security Specialist. Those with less experience will be hired at the Level I, II or III.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, and will occasionally travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.
All employees interested in this position may apply online at the Tri-State Intranet site.
Click on Job Postings, then click on the iRecruitment link, Log In, then click on the iRecruitment Employee Candidate link and then click on Search for jobs.
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., nearly 1,500 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
Interested? Here is how to Apply:
Go to www.tristategt.org/ and click on the 'Careers' Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon. You will be required to register in order to apply.
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance. Please visit our careers site at www.tristategt.org/careers/for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran