IT Vendor Coordinator / IT Procurement Professional
- Consulting role in Waltham, MA
Our client is looking for someone with managing a Global pool of IT vendors and can help the organization with streamlining and improving vendor processes including RFP’s, contracts and vendor scorecards. The vendors will range from IT Hardware, Software and Telecom.
Responsibilities may include:
- Help develop, implement, and refine the IT/Telecom/S/W and H/W Vendor Strategy for the Technology team
- Help streamline and enforce best practices in on-boarding process for vendors and their contractors including but not limited to validating background checks are performed, liability insurance is in place and other documentation is maintained and kept on file
- Help in guiding project teams with preparation of Contracts, Agreements, pricing mechanism, staffing options etc.
- Help to craft RFIs/RFPs based on the project requirement, solicit proposals, shortlist, and work with the T&D Budget and Vendor Management Organization team to discuss, negotiate, and finalize the contract/SOW with IT vendors
- Help develop a Vendor Management Office vision, drive vendor inventory and classification across IT spend in different categories
- Help maintain a Vendor Dashboard to share performance feedback results / KPIs/ key results areas, e.g. Project Metrics, overall productivity and resource utilization
- Help create a knowledge repository to maintain the history of vendor relationships
Technical skills and experience:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT Procurement / Vendor management domain of which at least 3 years must have been involved in project management activities and 2 to 3 years in Vendor Management
- Exposure to Software Application Lifecycle, working with geographically dispersed teams, and dealing with international stakeholders.
- Must have created RFPs/RFIs (Request for Proposals/Information), reviewed proposals, as well as negotiated contracts and outsourcing agreements with Vendors and finalized them.
- Experience in working with MSPs in the IT indirect spend commodity with particular focus on strategic vendor management
- Experience in designing and implementing a Vendor Scorecard, planning and conducting Vendor Review meetings and tracking action items to closure
- Sound understanding of the IT Vendor Landscape globally with familiarity of those operating out of India
- Strong negotiation capabilities
- Excellent Listener, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to drive a win-win solution
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Personable and Tenacious
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Ability to work under pressure with a strong sense of setting priorities
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject