Sasol (USA) Corporation is expanding its existing Louisiana Chemical Operations with the development of a world-scale ethane cracker that will produce 1.5 million tons of ethylene and other downstream derivatives per year. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we have an opening for an IT Project Costs and Reporting Analyst. This position reports to the Regional PMO Lead IM Services NA and is located in Houston, TX.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
The IM Projects Cost and Reporting Analyst is responsible for ensuring compliance with governance requirements in project planning and management with regards to IM financial processes and procedures. In addition, the financial controller is responsible for providing financial oversight of all projects and activities that fall under the IM global PMO methodology and framework. The costing and reporting analyst is a key member of the PMO office who is expected to always be up to date on the financial status of each and every project and be able to quickly provide any financial information needed related to such projects.
Financial Controller Responsibility:
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly tracking of all project spend
- Responsible for producing standard and ad-hoc financial reporting
- Responsible for producing Sasol SME assurance and guidance that established processes and procedures (contracts, financial, invoicing, etc.)
- Responsible for presenting financial presentations for review to senior management
- Proactively identify and escalate financial issues and risks
- Analyze identified issues and risks and develop mitigation plans to address such items
- Participate in the formulation of new processes and procedures to enhance financial controls and governance
- Build productive working relationships with peers across IM to facilitate information sharing and quick resolution to problems
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant internal/external stakeholders
- Understand the requirements and where applicable, liaise, communicate and provide assistance
- Develop sound working relationships with internal and external clients as a positive example for staff
Leadership Behavioral Competencies:
- Must have One-Sasol mindset
- Must be regarded as a highly dependable, reliable, and value adding contributing resource
- Must be able to shape business strategy
- Must have business acumen
- Must drive accountability and high performance
- Must foster teamwork and collaboration
- Role models customer focus
- Must leverage diversity and inclusion
- Must nurture and coach
- Must build partnerships
- Must develop self
- Must be able to provide leadership to project resources and business to meet portfolio deadlines and objectives
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a business or IT planning organization
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of budget/financial tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities (utilizing VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience tracking and managing costs associated with various types of projects
- Financial governance experience
- Experienced producing project financial reports for stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Experienced producing early warning financial reports and analyses
- Able to quickly and accurately respond to Ad-hoc financial reporting or information request
- Experienced and comfortable building and presenting PowerPoint based slides to senior management
- Able to become a SME on Sasol financial controls and provide consulting guidance to stakeholders and interested parties on relevant Sasol financial controls and associated processes
- Extensive PMO Experience (ICT Project Experience, Knowledge of Enterprise System Management (ESM) tools, ITIL process knowledge, Knowledge of project financials
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not pay a fee for resumes submitted.