Randstad is currently seeking an IT Project Manager who is focused on digital and eCommerce projects for our industry-leading client in New York City.
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, organizing and leading all aspects of project management.
- S/He will provide focus and tactical direction, and manage execution of projects assigned to the Project Management Office, which may have a global component.
- Will lead one or more project teams; allocating and monitoring tasks, motivating staff while applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to drive the development and application of project management methodologies.
- Develop and maintain core deliverables, including but not limited to status reports, project charters, schedules, and other key stakeholder presentations/communications (e.g., estimation, scoping, build, deployment, budget, staffing, vendor management).
- S/He will lead project execution for select cross functional initiatives including integrating business and IT work efforts, as well as integrating associates and 3rd party service provider work efforts.
- Develop & own project schedules/project plans, review project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate while supporting the transition of strategic IT projects from inception to project realization, including assisting in the development of charters, training plans and providing technical guidance where applicable.
- S/He will work with internal/external audit and project teams on pre-implementation audits and conduct project hindsight reviews.
- Execute effective Project Management control activities including: scope change control, issue resolution, risk management, status reporting, and project budget management with focus on specific work entities of the project.
- S/He will ensure that realistic project quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and monitor the team’s performance against the plans.
- This role will perform periodic IT Operating Model Maintenance including identifying improvement opportunities, incorporating project hindsight lessons learned, and pre-implementation observations.
- Responsible for reviewing developed materials submitted by the project team in accordance with an agreed upon acceptance procedures and the MSA/SOW while acting as a point of escalation to address projects with variances from scope, customer satisfaction issues and other issues including concerns across business functions.
- Responsible for effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate while tracking project issues, performance, and progress for reporting to leadership.
- S/he will coach/consult on project methodology and train new hires.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Computer Science and/or relevant experience as a Project Manager
- 7 to 10 years’ experience working as a business or IT analyst with 5+ years in project management
- Experience managing eCommerce related projects
- Proven analyst skills spanning business functions and applications and knowledge of full lifecycle solution development, from requirements gathering through build, test, deploy, and support is required
- Experience in application technology domains are required
- Ability to build and maintain effective partnerships with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Visio, MS Project, SharePoint
- Strong organizational, leadership, problem solving and influencing skills are required along with having sensitivity to the multi-cultural characteristics of a global IT organization
- Experience in Retail and/or Consumer Product Goods is ideal
- PMI and ITIL certifications is preferred
- Experience managing projects that included several complex integrations is ideal
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies is a plus
- Experience in Retail and/or Consumer Product Goods
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience working with Web Content Management Systems such as AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)