One of our valued clients around Glastonbury, CT is seeking an IT Project Manager for a Contract-to-Hire opportunity within an insurance company.
- Facilitating discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders such as analysts, applications programmers and clients
- Setting project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules.
- Learn various businesses processes and provide ideas/recommendations/business case for improvements in efficiency, quality, ease of use, through the implementation of technology.
- Develop project objectives, integrated project plans, and metrics required to ensure project success.
- Responsible to direct internal and external project resources, escalate and communicate resource needs, create risk assessments, and drive the resolution of issues as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering) or equivalent.
- Background in Insurance is a big plus.
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing, or supporting business critical applications.
- PMP Certification desired.
- Demonstrated success at leading projects that solve business problems.
- Excellent project formulation and project delivery skills.
- Ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members.
- Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Experience managing application databases, cloud services, and application integrations.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent leadership, customer service, and teaming skills
- Outstanding analytical, technical, and problem-solving abilities.