CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology division. We are seeking an SAP ABAP Developer to join our development team. You will join a talented, energetic team, making a measurable impact with the work you do every day. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, exceptional analytical problem solving skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex to complex information systems.
- Work extensively with ABAP objects, Classes, CDS views, AMDP Procedures, BRF+, ABAP suite on Eclipse, ABAP WebDynpro, ABAP Dictionary, Workflow, Agent determination, BAPIs, Enhancement framework, User Exits, Screen Exit, BDCs, BAPI, BADI, IDocs, Dialog Programming, BSPs Web services and similar core functionality to SAP.
- Work with system processes and configurations with and around several SAP modules: ACM, TM, GTM, SD, MM, QM, PP, PM, WM, FI/CO and HR.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of individuals to translate business requirements into solutions
- Devise or modify code to solve complex problems considering system capacity and limitations, operating time and desired results.
- Perform technical reviews of code developed by other developers.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written as well as design, code, test, debug, document and maintain those programs.
- Assist with activity, status and progress reports as well as with the creation of comprehensive test plans, including individual program test plans and system test plans.
- Assist with the development and preparation of project plans and schedules.
- Provide work direction, guidance, mentoring and training to less-experienced developers.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by supervisor or more senior team member.
- Operate within CHS IT development standards and a standard system development life cycle.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Minimum 5 years experience of SAP ABAP development is required
- Development experience in SAP's Agricultural Contract Management (ACM), Global Trade Management (GTM) or Materials Management (MM)
- Experience with full life-cycle implementations, including post Go-Live support
- Experience with SAP NetWeaver Architecture (ECC 6.0+) is required
- Working knowledge of all phases of a development life cycle
- Experience with change management processes in a SAP environment
- Experience with a large Enterprise SAP solution in the areas of technical design specifications, development, code reviews and system testing
- Demonstrated the ability to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals to translate business requirements into solutions
- Experience in CHARM, Cherwell and HPQC is preferred
- Proven ability to mentor less senior staff on technical and procedural best practices as well as contribute to SAP development standards
- Exposure to other newer SAP technologies such HANA, Fiori, OData or SAPUI5
- Experience within an Agile scrum team in collaborative fast paced environment