SOX/Compliance Audit Essential Functions:
- Create and maintain compliance documentation for projects and production applications
- Interact with business, IT and compliance groups
- Interact with compliance groups, particularly during compliance audits
- Analyze current work flows and recommend adjustments in order ensure compliance needs are met efficiently
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues related to compliance
- Recommend appropriate training for staff
- Work with regional business account management staff and business customers to ensure clarity of system and change requirements and to provide status of projects and maintenance work requests on a timely basis.
Scope of the project:
- Perform and document SOX testing of IT General Controls in the areas of Security, Change Management, Application Access, and / or Monitoring Controls.
Top 3 preferred skills:
- Excellent analysis skills; interprets and analyzes situations and information based on IIA concepts and general guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience with testing SOX IT General controls in the areas of Security, Change Management, and Application Access.
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to document work papers that satisfy the test objectives and support the conclusions reached during testing. Requires in-depth analysis to develop solutions for complex problems.
Top 5 daily responsibilities:
- Perform testing of IT General Controls by analyzing control narratives and control documentation.
- Develop and document work papers that address the test objectives of the audit program and support the conclusions reached during testing. Adhere to the IIA Standards and IAS guidelines for work paper documentation.
- Draft test conclusions, discuss potential issues with audit team and clients.
- Prepare and deliver other summary communication documents as required (e.g. status reports, open item lists).
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in applying the principles and practices of internal auditing in accounting, financial and operational environments, including auditing business functions and information technology systems
- Experience in IT auditing complex technical environments such as IBM mainframe and Windows and Unix server, database (Oracle, SQL, Teradata, etc), and Applications.
- Audit experience within a large, complex organization
- Fast learner