Kearney & Company provides financial services exclusively to the Federal Government, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers.
Kearney has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Security Program Consultant to join our Alexandria, VA, team. Our IT Security Program Consultant helps our Federal government customers implement security solutions that go beyond merely achieving security compliance, but enable them to overcome obstacles and further their agency's mission.Required Skills:
- Provide the development of assessment & authorization (A&A) deliverables including but not limited to risk assessment, FIPS 199, system security plan, IT contingency plan, incident response plan, and others
- Conduct security control assessment of systems and prepare security assessment report including gathering and evaluating evidence for effectiveness
- Provide expertise as it relates to FISMA, OMB/DHS requirements, NIST Special Publications and Standards, and other federal guidance
- Support ongoing monitoring of system's continuous monitoring metrics and information security program metrics
- Support the tracking, reporting, and remediation of agency Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Support the development, monitoring and update of agency information security policies and procedures
- Monitor and report on updates to applicable authoritative guidance on a continuous basis
- Support in the identification and assessment of Federal Agency Primary Mission Essential Functions, Mission Essential Functions, Essential Supporting Activities, and other identified critical systems
- This is a high visibility, client facing role, strong communication skills are required
- Strong technical writing skills
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, etc.
- Six (6) or more years as Information System Security Officer (ISSO) preferably in a federal agency in an advisory capacity
- Six (6) or more years of direct experience in developing A&A deliverables in supporting system owners preferably in a federal agency in an advisory capacity
- Six (6) or more years of direct experience in preparing and conducting security control assessments using NIST 800-53A
- Possess working to expert knowledge of federal IS requirements and standards including, but not limited to, NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-53A, NIST 800-60,NIST 800-137, FIPS 199, and FIPS 140-2
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, highly collaborative environment with peers and senior government officials
- Possess strong working knowledge of computers and networking
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance (Requires US citizenship!)
Preferred Qualifications * Security+, CAP, CRISC and/or CISSP certification preferred but not required
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-236-2391 or email Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.