Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Support Specialist will ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network to include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing software, computers and servers. The individual will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training as required.
· Work with department managers and IT staff to analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues.
· Install, administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Server products, including Windows 2012/2016, VMWare, Office365, Office 2013/2016, and SQL Server 2008/2012/2016.
· Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots workstations, servers and software.
· Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices.
· Maintain, Install and upgrade switches and firewalls.
· Monitor and diagnose system logs.
· User and group account administration.
· Design, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory.
· Monitor, maintain, and implement backup and security for Windows based environment.
· Report the performance levels of the corporate systems.
· Create and update technical documentation.
· Four year college degree in Computer Science with a focus in network administration, or a suitable combination of education and work experience.
· Advanced understanding of supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, Office 365
Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, Cisco switches and VMware. Palo Alto.
· Experience and understanding of imaging software and process.
· An understanding of network technology and related concepts/protocols: WAN, LAN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, HTTP, IMAP, POP3,
· Experience configuring, setting up and debugging PC-based, MAC-based, and Web-based systems
· Knowledge and experience with corporate antivirus software
· Customer service-oriented nature with friendly, upbeat attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, organized, ability to multi-task and have great attention to detail.
Preferred but not required
Advanced understanding and experience supporting Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco LAN controllers, VDI, vulnerability remediation, and enterprise backup solutions.
Knowledge and experience working in a secure network environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Exempt Salaried - Regular Full-Time