For 65 years, this firm has provided the highest quality legal service to people and businesses throughout Washington and across the country. We are currently seeking a dynamic and self-driven individual to fill the full-time position of Paralegal to work in the Immigration Department in our downtown, Seattle office. Duties include the following.
- Preparing labor certification applications, tracking status and deadlines throughout the recruitment process, and maintaining corresponding PERM audit files
- Preparing employment-based immigrant petitions and AOS applications
- Preparing nonimmigrant petitions, including: L-1, T-N, and H-1B petitions
- Maintaining status reports of priorities, expirations, and upcoming actions needed on each case and contributing to database of priority dates
- Communicating with clients to collect questionnaires and documents for applications, providing case updates, and responding to inquiries regarding status of applications
- Informing lawyers of case load and time management goals on an ongoing basis, and preparing weekly reports
- Preparing and filing PERM applications,
- Gathering proper documentation for cases,
- Drafting experience verification letters and reviewing signed copies for accuracy,
- Posting job orders on websites and ensuring ads meet length requirements,
- Drafting and submitting prevailing wage requests,
- Drafting postings and uploading to client portals,
- Maintaining status reports,
- Updating client databases,
- Communicating with clients
- Performing administrative tasks as requested.
Required qualifications: Must have strong attention to detail and ability to manage large caseloads; must have ability to prioritize tasks on an ongoing basis and communicate regularly with lawyers; must have strong analytical skills and close attention to detail; must have a positive attitude, be self-driven and work well in a team environment.
Preferred qualifications: College Degree/Paralegal Certificate. A minimum of two years of experience in the immigration law area and experience with PERM labor certification process is preferred.