Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a Network Technician 1 with implementation experience. Please see below for job requirements.
Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing documentation including network diagrams. Establishes voice and data networks by installing cables; installing telecommunications equipment; and coordinating with contractors. In addition, this position requires the ability to listen and communicate information to customers and vendors at all levels of skill, deliver customer support both in-person and over the phone in a professional manner, train peers, work independently and as a member of a team, and maintain cooperative work relationships.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Site Surveys/Planning
• Installation and testing of network equipment and circuits
• Troubleshoot and resolve network problems (Level I)
• Customer Support (Phone and in-person)
• Perform duties within on-call rotation
• Keep supervisor updated on major areas of responsibility
• Train Peers when needed
• Perform MOP assigned tasks, with good communication with Project Manger
• Complete projects in timely manner
• Proactively identify negative network conditions when possible and communicate to supervisor
• Maintain knowledge on current and new applicable technologies
• Maintain cooperative work relationships
• Perform special assignments when needed
Physical / Sensory Demands
Data/Telecommunication network knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
Moderate computer skill level required.
Long periods of sitting, Stooping, Lifting, Carrying, and Crawling
Must also be able to tolerate confined spaces and work well in a stressful environment.
Education/ Experience/ Training
Candidates/incumbents must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below or have a combination of education and experience deemed equivalent by management.
• High School Diploma required, with an Associate Degree in IT/IS or other technical field preferred. Knowledge should include ability to troubleshoot basic layer 3 problems.
• In addition to education requirements, at least two years' experience planning and implementing data and telecommunication networks is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide range of complex data and telephony network related problems effectively.
• Understand principles and practices of networking technologies.
• General understanding of LAN/WAN protocols
• Ability to work under general supervision independently and in a team environment.
• Maintain cooperative work relationships.
• Good time management and documentation skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to type 45+ WPM with 95+% accuracy
Juniper Enterprise (i.e. EX4200, EX4300, MX routers) and Adtran NetVanta/Total Access training and experience preferred.