Information Solutions, located in Edison, NJ, is a fast growing company that provides full service back-office solutions to retail supply chain wholesalers and is currently looking for a full-time Import Logistics Manager
The successful candidate must responsible for:
- Tracking all overseas factory bookings with freight forwarders.
- Approve carrier selection from freight forwarders based on vessel arrival, cost and impact on customer orders.
- Validating import shipping documents, freight and customs broker’s bills, customs entries etc.
- Communicating with carriers / freight forwarders to resolve all the issues related to freight releases
- Communicating with customs brokers on any ISF or customs entry related issues
- Printing reports and updating status of all containers/shipments in computer system.
- Working with drayage companies on the status of daily shipment pick ups and delivery
- Working with warehouses on both coasts, sending shipment advice, reviewing receiving reports and issuing debit and credit notes on respective shortages/overages.
- Familiarity with import documentation and import/logistics processes as well as basic knowledge of U.S.Customs requirements related to import process
- Excellent time management and multitask skills
- Must be detail oriented, and highly organized
- 3+ years of experience in logistics
- Understanding of wholesale Import and Warehouse/Distribution
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel for accurate reporting, data manipulation, and inventory level analysis; advanced knowledge is required
- Must be analytical, detailed, and organized with excellent follow up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate and succeed in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in a challenging environment
- Self-motivated individual able to prioritize and multi-task effectively when working independently or in a team
- Adept at comprehending and working with large quantities of data from a variety of sources
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to system and data changes