The primary responsibility for the Incident Response Analyst is to provide a superior customer experience through tactical troubleshooting, monitoring, and proactive incident resolution for Flexential's customer environments. You will be heavily relied upon by the entire Flexential team to support, maintain and provide insight to our customers when they are in a high level of need. It’s vitally important that you are a strong communicator, resourceful, and articulate in communicating identified issues and resolution steps to bring the customer’s incident to a resolved state.
A strong combination of technical administration, troubleshooting, communication and documentation skills is vital to the Incident Response Analyst’s success!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable concise and clear updates to customer service requests and incidents in a prompt manner
- Identify recurring incidents within a customer’s environment and determine the need to escalate to the appropriate technical resources, ensuring resolution of more complex issues
- Desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts
- Collaborate with customers and teammates to determine improvement areas for capabilities and processes
- Strive for First Call Resolution utilizing your troubleshooting skills and following the defined Flexential processes
- Engage customers in a professional manner, resolving requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership
- Be a team player focused on collective improvement and growth
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of Flexential technology solutions to support incident management within customer environments, including incident response across the following areas: Microsoft & Linux OS, Cisco devices, Fortinet firewalls, CommVault backup solutions, VMware, Cloud Computing, Disaster Recovery systems, and much more…
- Adhere to the Flexential Core Values (Customer-centric, Collaborative, Caring, Competitive, Committed, Fun, Bold, Honest, Innovative)
- For more experienced team members, mentor first level staff and serve as a primary escalation point for incidents and requests
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within an IT Support environment
- AA, BS, or High School Diploma and actively pursuing and advanced degree in the technology field
- Network +, Security + and / or CCNA desired
- Microsoft MCP or MCSA preferred
- Use of command line tools such as CMD, Telnet, SSH, GIT, and SCP (Powershell, Bash or VBScript language skills is a plus)
- Current experience applying troubleshooting techniques across various server, application, and network technologies including:
- Remote Desktop, SSH, FTP
- Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g. Server 2012) and OS Administration
- VMWare and/or other virtualization technologies
- Linux (or other *nix platforms) Administration
- VLAN’s, ACL’s, IP subnets
- Networking and Switching concepts
- Load Balancing
- Firewall Configuration
- Positive attitude with a strong sense of urgency and ownership of quality work deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and a positive, customer satisfaction mindset are critical to this position
- Experience with ticketing systems in an ITIL environment; ITIL v3 certification preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Criminal background check required. EOE
How important is it to you to work in an environment where you have the freedom to solve problems the way you'd like to? Does completing meaningful work with real world impact excite you? Is the “WHY” you go to work every day important to you? Do you want the work you do to make a difference?
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.