Employment Opportunity: Individual Placement- Job Coach
COULD THIS BE YOU?
Wanting to make a direct difference and impact in your community? Are you eager to help a greater cause rather than just receiving a paycheck? Are you creative in the way you approach problem solving? Are you detail oriented with documentation and time management? Are you enthusiastic to assist someone to achieve their personal goals? Are you ready to join a team of people that have the same vision in �Building Partnerships and Creating Choices� for those we serve.
The Job Coach provides on-the-job training to Individual�s served in community-based employment to help ensure job placement success. The Job Coach also acts as principal liaison with employers. This position has no supervisory duties.
Essential Duties Include:
- Guarantee services compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure Individual�s rights are met and are of foremost importance.
- Ensure compliance with company programs, practices, and policies specific to program and client management.
- All employees are mandated reporters as such you are required to report all suspected incidents of abuse, neglect, and sexual assault in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that Individuals are oriented and trained specific to the companies Safety Program including weekly safety meetings, drills, and maintain records.
- Understand and submit all paperwork as required by deadline including transportation paperwork, attendance, job coach notes, objective sheets, incident/accident reports, time studies and case management documentation.
- Ensure that task analysis and time measurements are current and conducted according to facility standards.
- Provide individuals with continuous instructions for work specific to vocational growth and training objectives that guarantee and correspond with abilities and development.
- Ensure a safe, clean and sanitized environment, according to the Department of Health Standards and Regulations.
SCHEDULE: Part-time needs to be flexible.
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
Perks of becoming an Owl:
Achievement House, Inc. (AHI) employees are self-motivated individuals who demonstrate and embrace our commitment to customer service. As we interface with employers, our employees represent AHI and provide the teamwork needed to form a lasting work relationship with our community partners. We believe that a cohesive, caring environment will empower our individuals to find success professionally and as well as personally.
Making a Difference
We create a positive impact & change for those we serve and the communities we live in. Achieving our mission as an agency: �Building Partnerships & Creating Choices�
We have monthly trainings and want you to succeed in your role. We offer additional training for those who want to expand their knowledge.
Working in human service is more than a paycheck, it�s the opportunity to grow as an individual and to learn new skills to educate those we support.
Work with A Team
The team is always looking to grow and support one another. We have outside team building events to empower and reflect on our mission as an agency.
Education / Experience:
A high school education or equivalent is required. Previous experience working with developmentally disabled adults preferred.
Must have own vehicle, maintain a current California driver�s license and provide on-going proof of current state required auto insurance. Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by criteria established by the Agency�s insurance carrier. Must clear fingerprints through the California Department of Justice and FBI. The ability to successfully complete First Aid / CPR training is mandatory.
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Necessary for this position are compassion, patience, good communication, resourcefulness, and the ability to make sound decisions. Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload. Strong English oral and written communication skills are required. Reading, writing, basic math skills, attention to detail for extended periods of time, repetition, problem solving, and the ability to motivate others.
Essential functions of this position require that employees regularly sit, stand, bend, twist and walk. Employees may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 lbs.