Weyerhaeuser has an opportunity for an experienced candidate to join our team at the Evergreen ELP manufacturing facility in Castleberry, Alabama. The successful candidate must have knowledge of processes and techniques used to maintain high-tech engineered lumber manufacturing equipment.
- Manage the electrical systems in the manufacturing facility.
- Install, repair, and troubleshoot all electrical systems in the operation.
- Effectively maintain communications with maintenance personnel and supervisors to safely and efficiently perform mill maintenance duties (reactive and preventive).
- May also assist with basic mechanical maintenance functions as needed.
- Willingness and ability to work safely and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as an electrician in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a pre-employment testing process
- Must have a high school diploma or GED (or higher)
- Ability to troubleshoot 480v and low voltage electrical systems, AC and DC
- Familiarity with troubleshooting, set up, and program variable speed drives
- Ability to read equipment manuals, blueprints and schematics
- Must demonstrate logical problem solving skills and react appropriately in upset situations
- Excellent computer skills and fluent with standard Microsoft office products
- Willingness to fully cross train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities
- Able to work with computerized maintenance system for processes, stores, work orders, etc
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple project effectively and safely
- Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problems solving skills
- Dedicated, self motivated team member, willing and able to work independently and in a team system
- Must have excellent listening & communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate open, honest and regular exchange of information and treat all employees with respect and dignity
- Must be team oriented; putting team's needs ahead of individual interests and working to develop trust and respect
- Must be willing to work any shift, including rotating shifts plus weekends and holidays as operating conditions require
- Must be willing to work overtime as operating conditions require
- Willingness and physical ability to work at heights, in confined spaces, climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an industrial environment containing wood dust and extreme heat and cold
- Resume detailing your work history and education required for consideration.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Diploma or certificate from a technical college
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems such as SAP or Maximo
- Familiarity with programming, repair, and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Control units (PLC's) and Optimization Control Systems in the operation
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.