The Schwebel Baking Company is seeking qualified individuals to fill multiple vacancies in our Maintenance Department at our Solon, Ohio bakery. We offer pension plan, shift differential, health benefits, plus earn $1000.00 within your first year on the job. Paid vacations, personal leave, short and long-term disability offered as well.
Wage based on skill and experience but is competitive. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Job Responsibilities: Maintains production and quality by ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatics, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments. Makes repairs as needed.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Able to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot 110 VAC, 240/480 VAC 3 phase.
**Please note that this job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; individuals may perform other duties as assigned or required.**
Schwebel’s will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The Schwebel Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.