Custom Fabrications & Sewn Solutions
Industrial Sewing Production Manager
Harry Miller Company is a leading manufacturer of non-apparel textile products for industrial, commercial, and military use. We are proud supplier to many of the United States’ largest defense contractors including BAE, Raytheon, and General Dynamics. Example products include:
- Thermal weapon scope carrying cases
- Electromagnetic interference shielding jackets
- Missile guidance system transit cases
- Straps & tie-down assemblies
- Radar, weapon, and vehicle covers
We are currently seeking a full-time Industrial Sewing Production Manager for our defense and aerospace division in Boston, Massachusetts. The Industrial Sewing Production manager will split time between the office and factory floor and must have a hands-on management approach.
- Ensure products are produced on-time, to spec, and meet all contractual and regulatory requirements
- Produce manufacturing plans from technical drawings; create BOMs, make patterns, schedule production, allocate personnel, and develop and communicate work instructions.
- Manage both small and large production runs; create labor estimates and determine required equipment and other resources
- Design and develop prototypes from initial concepts or sketches
- Manage a small team of factory workers
- Review worker performance and identify training needs
- Maintain manufacturing and quality documentation in an ISO 9001:2015 environment
- Perform incoming receiving inspection and ensure inventory traceability
- Perform in-process and final inspection; create internal quality assurance reports on all products.
- Create First Article Inspection reports per AS9102 as required
- Maintain drawing files to ensure revision control
- Serve as liaison to government and prime contractor source inspectors
- A minimum of 5 years production supervisor experience in an industrial sewing environment
- Must have a working knowledge of industrial sewing techniques and equipment
- Must be able to read technical drawings; knowledge of military and commercial textile specifications a plus
- Strong time management and organizations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.