Information Security Engineer- NYC or CT
*US Citizens or GC Holders only
What you’ll do
The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for the technology and processes that monitor and detect information security incidents. You will respond to detected incidents or those incidents escalated to you. As part of responding, you will track, prioritize and escalate. You will coordinate with various departments across the organization to organize responses and implement the security strategy.
- Detect, investigate and respond to information security alerts and incidents.
- Proactively and iteratively search through data-sets to detect and respond to threats and anomalies.
- Produce actionable root cause analysis of security incidents and recommend actionable solutions to reduce the likelihood of re-occurrence.
- Identify network, systems and application vulnerabilities and perform security assessments using automated tools (e.g. Landesk, Qualys, and Rapid7 Nexpose).
- Work with technology support teams and vendors to implement, maintain and optimize Information Security systems that include various endpoint and network logging, monitoring, and prevention systems (e.g. Carbon Black, Splunk ES/UBA, Cylance, Palo Alto App FW, DLP, etc.), and external threat-intelligence feeds.
- Implement indicators and metrics to maintain the effectiveness of security processes and controls.
- Research and innovate using a broad range of advanced tools, systems, and techniques to detect, hunt, and protect against 0-day, APTs, data-leakage, and other threats.
- Apply knowledge gained from cyber-intel sources, Information Security community and training to continuously improve what we do and how we do it.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering)
- Experience working with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems (e.g. Splunk ES)
- The ability to partner with developers, vendors, analysts, and business clients
- Familiarity with analytical tools (e.g. Splunk, Excel, Tableau, or SQL)
- Security Certifications are preferred (e.g. CISSP, GIAC, CISA, or CISM)
- Scripting experience is preferred (e.g. SQL, Python, or Perl)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills