RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Information Security Project Manager in Brooklyn, New York (NY).
The agency's Information Security division has an opportunity for an experienced technical project manager. The position is best suited to a creative, independent, and seasoned veteran Project Manager. The ideal candidate will assist Information Security leadership with all aspects of its security program in the large, highly distributed environment, and aim to optimize its projects, programs and daily operations. The Information Security PM should have at least 8 years of project management experience handling complex IT projects; a solid understanding of all major areas of Information Security including, but not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection systems, (host and network) data protection systems, endpoint protection, identity management systems, and Information Security policies and standards.
The PM will manage project risks and blocker activities to ensure on-time/on-budget delivery; interface with technical project teams and stakeholders to track and ensure successful completion; generate comprehensive progress reports; create, adjust and maintain project plans, work breakdown structures, and stakeholder lists; and incorporate process enhancements.
- Create and maintain project plans, work breakdown structures, and stakeholders' lists
- Manage stakeholders' communications and expectations
- Work with technical project teams to address project blockers and obstacles
- Ensure resource availability to address projects and tasks
- Create and distribute project updates
- Anticipate issues create process enhancement proposals
- Follow through on tasks and incident management processes to ensure that follow on actions are addressed and problem management processes are completed
- Assist in creating metrics and KPIs and tracking data to update metrics status
REQUIREMENTS:Mandatory Skills/Experience (Candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered):
- Minimum 8 years of project management experience in complex IT environments overseeing large scale projects with multiple work streams and sub-projects
- Solid understanding of Information Security, IT Security Operations & Engineering, Security and networking concepts in large, federated enterprise environments
- Solid ITIL understanding especially Change Management and Problem Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a demanding, high pressure environment
- Knowledge of high level security concepts such as Security Architecture & Design
- Knowledge of public cloud concepts; experience with either, Amazon AWS, Azure, Palo Alto, Checkpoint
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CSPM, GCPM
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.