Work as a member of the Information Systems Helpdesk team to provide platform engineering and support for all Network Infrastructure, Windows Servers and SQL Databases. Responsible for ensuring availability and optimal performance of all network and storage infrastructure, in addition to all overlying server applications, both physical and virtual. Under the direction of the Network Supervisor, implement, maintain and troubleshoot moderate to complex system and network projects. Act as ‘Level 3’ support for any Helpdesk issues that are escalated for higher complexity resolution.
- In coordination with the Network Supervisor, maintain and trouble-shoot moderate to complex network issues through layers 1 – 7 of OSI model.
- Working in conjunction with the Network Supervisor, provide support for all LAN, WAN and telephony (VoIP) communication through the corporation.
- Under direction of the Network Supervisor, implement and maintain all enterprise-wide server infrastructure including all Windows, Linux and Unix installations.
- As directed by the Network Supervisor, provide engineering and support for VMware ESX environment including configuration of all virtual machines, underlying network components and Storage Area Network infrastructure.
- Working in conjunction with the Network Supervisor, provide implementation, maintenance, problem resolution and optimization for all production database installations.
- Designs, develops and implements new methods and procedures of technical solutions that meet the requirements of information system projects. Designs may involve major and highly complex systems. Assesses existing systems and recommends technical improvements (e.g., performance upgrades).
- Provides detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Recommends, establishes business case, and assists project manager, Network Supervisor and/or others in building acceptance of new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures. Conducts and provides moderately complex cost/benefit analysis for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
- Defines system objectives and design specifications in collaboration with business analyst, project manager and/or Network Supervisor. May establish moderately complex operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation to enhance system efficiency. Maintains file servers and network access; documents and analyzes more complex system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Defines controls, conversion procedures and system implementation plans, may include user training and orientation.
- Coordinates with stakeholders across all departments to identify reporting requirements and develops, writes and distributes system reports for end users as required.
- Participates in short and long-range organizational planning, development of policies, procedures and programs with Director and management team as appropriate.
- Ensures prompt and courteous feedback to requestors of computer services including providing information on software changes to computer users.
- Monitors systems to insure they are working properly and assists in diagnosing any problems.
- Creates and maintains documentation of operational procedures, programming code and end-user documentation for supported applications.
- Attends system related training (internal and external) as assigned by the Network Supervisor.
- Maintains and adheres to all confidentiality policies.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and demonstrates a personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
KNOWLEDGE: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory (including Group Policy and Security). VMware ESXi 5.5. Redhat Linux and LAMP services is a plus. Windows 10 and older desktop operating systems. TCP/IP networking, specifically with Cisco switching, routing and security. SQL query writing and SQL Server 2005 – 2008 administration, VB/VBA/VB script, Microsoft Visual Studio / .Net development, Microsoft SharePoint are beneficial.
SKILLS: Strong problem-solving skills. Reasoning, sound judgment, detailed planning and documentation. Planning, organizing, coordinating and facilitating collaboration. Researching, data analysis and problem-solving skills. Evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures. Operating a variety of office equipment and safely operating a motor vehicle. Ability to remain on task and schedule while having multiple simultaneous task requirements.
ABILITIES: Requires high degree of self-motivation. Handle and respond to user requests for assistance in a courteous and professional manner. Execute assignments with accuracy and thoroughness. Accurately follow procedures and instructions to communicate problems and respond to verbal instructions, and to record data and results accurately. Work effectively with employees and staff in all departments. Demonstrated ability to handle and respond to user requests for system-related assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field required.
- CCNA and MCSA certification required.
- MCSE: Data Platform and CCNP certification preferred.
- Five or more years working as a member of an Information Helpdesk team with proven track record of progressive responsibility, and at least three of those years spent at an equivalency of ‘Level 3’ support.
- Five or more years supporting network, storage, server and database enterprise infrastructure.
- Prior experience with VMware ESX 5.5 or newer strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Advanced technology industry certifications (e.g. MCSE, CCNP, VCP etc.) are strongly preferred. Valid motor vehicle operator’s license required.