INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER - PERM - MCLEAN, VA
Work directly with technical and business leadership across the organization to select, deploy and validate security controls to ensure security and compliance requirements
* Public Trust Clearance and/or Federal Agency specific clearances required or ability to obtain
* The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Information Systems Security Office Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
* Expert knowledge of FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, and FISMA frameworks.
* Strong project management and communication skills (written and oral) with internal organizations and external/internal auditors.
* Minimum three (3) years hands on experience implementing, assessing and managing security controls for federal environments or systems accredited through FedRAMP.
* Understanding of best practices for conducting web application and infrastructure hosting vulnerability testing.
* Experience monitoring information system event logs for malicious activity and policy compliance.
* Understand information security concepts/methodology & ability to learn new technologies.
* Unix/Linux CLI & Security Tools configuration/management experience.
* Familiarity with Security benchmarks (CIS Baselines, DISA STIGS).
* Advanced Splunk experience.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.