JOB TITLE: Information Technology Specialist I CNIC Energy
Provide CNIC with labor support and technical expertise to work towards CNIC alignment with Energy Governance. Assist CNIC to Lead and Support the Navy Shore Energy Team; Improve Energy Security through Reliability, Resiliency, and Efficiency; Achieve Shore Energy Goals; Raise Energy Awareness & Stewardship; and Reduce Energy & Operating Costs.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyze and support full functionality of the IT technical requirements of the energy Return on Investment (eROI) application to ensure continuity of eROI services, application maintenance, application development, the ability to apply Navy initiated patches, server maintenance, technical interface with CNIC N6, and interface with the application Service Delivery Point (SDP) representatives. Ensure the eROI application is available to CNIC to support full eROI functionality in support of eROI requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- US Citizen and ability to obtain National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC)
- Bachelors degree in engineering, IT, or Computer Science disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years overall experience in the field of specialized IT expertise which includes performance on DoD IT programs / projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methodology; e.g., data storage, software applications, knowledge management, portal management, etc. Also, experienced in relevant area(s) of IT Program Development, Project Management, IT Systems Management, and Application Management.
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- 3+ years Grails framework experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Tomcat or similar Web services experience
- Experience with Oracle, SQL and creation and maintenance of database instances
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree in engineering, scientific, technical, or business management disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Ten (10) years of experience in application maintenance and development.
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
KEY WORDS: Applications, IT, eROI, Navy Shore Energy Tools Suite, CNIC
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.