Infrastructure Analyst - Client Hardware Support
Number of Openings:
Ready to be a part of a Fortune 50 Company? State Farm is looking for you!
The Client Hardware product team within the Client Solutions product suite is looking for an individual to work in an agile environment on a team that supports over 200,000 client devices across the company. Primary responsibilities will include provisioning and supporting workstation and peripheral hardware, providing workstation performance analysis and solution recommendations, and developing fully documented solutions for our business partners.
Candidates for this role are expected to and/or have:
Work with multiple vendors to evaluate different models of client hardware to meet business partner requirements and recommend solutions.
Ability to install, configure, and support software on server environments.
Provide services to proactively plan capacity along with proactive and reactive performance and availability for the workstation environments and the applications that reside on them.
Provide infrastructure and client hardware services that address business partner needs across the State Farm enterprise. Includes the ability to install and configure hardware such as workstations, laptops, tablets, and peripherals (docking stations, monitors, keyboards, mouse, etc.); provisions and configures end user devices rendering fully tested, documented and maintainable workstation solutions.
Develop infrastructure and operational requirements in all phases of the system development lifecycle.
Experience with Agile
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Addresses the day-to-day management and maintenance of infrastructure services, systems, applications, and hardware usage
- Develops asset management processes that support the provisioning, tracking, reporting, ownership, risk, controls, and financial status of Enterprise Technology assets
- Enables service desk, help desk, and call center development, implementation, operations, and process improvement
- Ensures service level management through the development of processes, people, technology, and service level and operating level agreements
- Utilizes strong business and technical knowledge of platforms/operating systems to develop and support data, databases or products
- Understands and uses software development practices to manage configuration and automate provisioning
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for openings for Technology Engineer positions or promotional opportunities into leadership at any time, and into a promotional position within the same job structure after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours