“US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time”
Job Title: Infrastructure/Cloud Solution Architect
Location - Greater Lansing Area, MI
Duration - 3 - 6 Months CTH
Profile & Description
Lead the Pre-Sales hosting solutioning function, with a focus and deep expertise in cloud hosting models and technologies, in support of Company sales activities. Oversee as well as directly engage in sales pursuits to help shape, solution, propose and close deals, primarily as the subject matter expert leader representing the client solution point of view, while helping align the overall view of the deal from the sales, financial, business and delivery perspectives. Help shape, develop and maintain the Company portfolio of standardized hosting solution offerings by understanding client and industry trends, as well as Company strategy, core competencies and partner perspectives, to enable a differentiated and compelling value proposition to Company’s target market.
Bachelor Degree OR 12+ years of experience in a data center infrastructure and/or related to information technology such as engineering, computer science, or information systems.
- A minimum of 10 years of Windows administration—experience administering Unix/Linux also a plus
- A minimum of 10 years in a sales-related technical role focused on hosting and especially public cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS) solutioning and managed services
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing and/or implementing integrated systems
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – Pre-Sales
- Manage and Perform Pre-Sales data center/hosting solutioning efforts across Sales, Pre-Sales, and Delivery to ensure overall integrity and consistency of final proposed solution
- Design client solutions, using a combination of standard offerings and third-parties, to produce proposals and associated contracts in conjunction with Business Development, Sales, and Delivery.
- Translate customer business concerns and/or opportunities into technical solution and business requirements, including leading client hosting-related assessments
- Develop and deliver solution presentations to clients and tailor content to audience as appropriate to include ROI/TCO including financial and business value.
- Provide solid understanding of the competitive landscape and ability to articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition of company solutions
- Contribute to post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality.
- Lead efforts to define/refine Company’s standard hosting offering portfolio, artifacts and IP
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have hosting experience in Unix, Microsoft and at least one cloud hosting framework (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Must have solid understanding and ideally experience with using, tuning, and deploying solutions on commercial hosting platforms.
- Must have excellent technical problem-solving skills, including identifying and addressing performance problems, system defects, software/application/systems issues, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of ITIL processes and how to operate under structured project management, including the need for various environments, system maintenance, risk avoidance, etc.
- Ability to work closely with client, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions and infrastructure related components.
- Must be able to work independently and provide proactive leadership and facilitation in a complex environment with multiple teams—experience facilitating client solution and proposal development sessions highly desired.
- Must have excellent written, oral communication and sales skills, including conducting presentations to teams and to customers. Must be able to break down complex technical topics into common language understandable by non-technical/business oriented audiences.
- Must have strong desire to drive and adapt to change quickly, with ability to lead a team of individuals to include: creating an inspiring team environment, setting clear goals, delegating and motivating.
- Understanding of cost estimation for solutions, including infrastructure, licensed software, etc.
- Ability to develop a pro/con model comparing various technologies such as AWS and Azure to assist teams and business clients in selecting the best fit for a hosting solution
- Ability to build systems, deploying structured releases, and tuning/performance management.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- Passionate about work, curious, and willing to take on difficult challenges.
- Strong working knowledge of broader infrastructure services such as networking and data center (e.g. storage, security)
- Quality of execution and work products as shown above under “Essential Duties & Responsibilities”
- Positive impact on winning deals and driving Company attainment of revenue targets
- Feedback from others including staff, the Board of Directors, clients, members and vendors.
240 509 1416