OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
- Consult on all aspects of AWS cloud infrastructure offerings
- Integrate with corporate datacenters and/or third-party infrastructure such as VPN, Direct Connect, firewalls, etc.
- Manage shared cloud infrastructure services such as AWS organizations and accounts, VPC, IPAM, security groups, NACLS, routing, active directory, Federation, DNS and others
- Engineer and make continuous improvement of stacks, templates, images and other artifacts to standardize consumption of shared cloud services and delivery of application specific infrastructure:
- Instance types, machine images, container images, networks, storage
- Application runtimes, integration middleware, relational databases, NoSQL and BI environments
- Engineer, manage and support cloud infrastructure products and stacks
- Partner with existing Enterprise IT organizations to integrate cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure/data center environment
- Perform hands-on technical coaching to accelerate cloud infrastructure learnings across the organization
- Pair with engineering teams to design and implement codified stacks that meet the needs of their applications
- Operate and support cloud team products and legacy applications not operating in a full-stack operating model
- Drive infrastructure as code and configuration management communities of practices across the organization
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure large enterprise data center environments
- Troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
Experience with infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as AWS, Google Compute Engine,
Azure, OpenStack, etc.
Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
Experience with orchestration template technologies such as AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager
Experience with programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, bash, C#, Node.js, etc.
Experience with development using GitHub or TFS
Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos
Proven experience performing server, network and storage systems design, implementation and administration
Experience managing traditional enterprise platforms for application runtimes, integration middleware and relational databases
Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations including re-hosting, re-platforming and re-factoring.
Experience with system engineering or project management, taking projects from initial concept through planning, implementation and consultation
What You'll Get
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.