Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
- 24x7 facility on-call responsibility.
- Mentor critical infrastructure engineers on data center best practices
- Implement and follow company’s policies and procedures
- Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and other technical
- Drive change toward operational excellence goals. identify constraints and propose solutions
- oversee disaster recovery “dry run” exercises
- Oversee, the installation of power for customer orders and other electrical modifications as assigned while maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintain data center documentation as assigned, i.e., Run Books, layouts, and diagrams.
- Assist with off-hours and weekend maintenance activities when required.
- Prepare reports on facility performance.
- Prepare reports on customer utilization including space and power.
- Able to create detailed Method of Procedures (MOPs) for all maintenance and operational aspects of the center.
- Able to create detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all facility related equipment operations
- Maintain the data center in the best possible and aesthetic condition
- provide data center training and development of training material for tac staff
- Perform daily rounds of the facility to ensure proper equipment operation
- Conduct data center tours with customers and prospects
- Configure monitoring/alerting of facility equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities related field or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of mission critical data center facility management with direct reports
- Knowledge of construction
- Knowledge of AC and DC power fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze and identify issues negatively impacting facility operations.
- Operational/working knowledge of HVAC theory, repair maintenance and operations
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- AutoCAD and/or MS Visio experience preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting / decision making skills required.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to be on-call and respond to emergency situations 24x7x365
- Knowledge of data center critical infrastructure components preferred
- Team player, desiring to be part of a high-performance team with dynamic responsibilities
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 pounds over head and work from a ladder
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.