SR. TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 Months Temp-to-perm
Tax Terms: W2
Interview: Phone screen and Panel interview
This position is for a Project Manager assignment for the Infrastructure program to identify, coordinate, track and manage a large number of infrastructure upgrades across the enterprise of the organization. This project manager will manage specific activities for the identified infrastructure upgrades that include mainframe, windows, Linux, AIX, database (DB2 and SQL Server), storage, software tools, business tools, firmware, networking, and information security components.
This project includes infrastructure related work that will leverage an SDLC appropriate for conducting technical upgrades that may require alignment with project (business) related milestones and implementations. Additionally, the work for this project involves management of cross-functional system support teams responsible for delivering technology products, upgrades, patches and services
The role requires acting in the capacity of a Technical Project Manager on small to medium size technology delivery programs, and also requires serving as a backup for a Technical Program manager when needed.
Ensures projects tasks to support all infrastructure upgrades are delivered on time, on budget and with quality.
Tracking and alignment with the activities and tasks across the different Product teams given the technology product offerings across all statements of work (SOWs) and projects that impact technology product.
Abilities & Skills:
· Experience managing and delivering SDLC and infrastructure projects that may involve integrating leading-edge technologies with or to replace older legacy technologies.
· In-depth knowledge of system development methodologies; experience managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the system development life-cycle (SDLC) for multiple projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
· Basic understanding of infrastructure warehouses and data networks
· Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
· Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
· Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
· Must be able to understand the subtleties of communication in a politically charged environment.
· Exceptional project management skills, effectively allocating resources and managing small to moderate projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and ideally Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
· Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
· Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
· Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
o Project Charter/Initiation Document
o Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
o Project Schedule in MS Project
o Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
o Risk and Issue Logs
• 7+ years of IT Project Manager experience managing infrastructure that includes technical support and enhancement/maintenance activities.
• Prior experience managing technical upgrades in a matrixed environment that requires coordination of tasks and activities across multiple teams.
• Prior experience in managing projects that include data warehouse buildout and enhancements, network maintenance and build outs, and Data Center build outs.
• Familiarity with mainframe data warehouse solutions offered by external vendors including solutions offered by IBM.
• Prior experience managing projects requiring procurements, and installation of HW/SW in both mainframe and in distributed network environments.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
• PMI PMP certification a plus
• ITIL foundations or above certification would be a huge plus.
• Health Care Industry Experience will be a plus.
• Experience creating and managing core project artifacts (weekly status reports, project schedule, project initiation document, and project plan document).
• An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects is a plus