Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Injection Maintenance Manager is responsible for all preventative maintenance, machine repairs and project activities for a group of assigned production lines in the Injection department. Responsibility includes personnel responsibilities across all shifts.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
- Leads Maintenance associates to help ensure efficient and effective maintenance and project work.
- Ensures work is in accordance with customer requirements and plant standards.
- Works closely with Production, Quality, Human Resources, Administration, and other support groups to coordinate projects and other initiatives.
- Ensures preventative maintenance, equipment repair, new installations, and other engineering work are completed in a timely manner, and with minimum disruption to production.
- Ensures uniform and consistent enforcement of plant rules and procedures in the department.
- Participates in the hiring process to bring on new production associates.
- Ensures all safety, GMP, ISO quality, housekeeping, and other plant procedures are followed by department associates. Ensures corrective action takes place as appropriate.
- Monitors key production indicators for the area, such as reliability, quality, scrap, operating expenses, safety, and labor costs to ensure attainment of area goals. Initiates improvement actions as needed.
- Has the authority to place product on hold and shut machines down.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology
- Five (or more) years of manufacturing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience and/or other leadership experience and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
- Familiarity with computer applications.