PromoCell is a premier manufacturer of cell culture products with headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany. PromoCell is widely recognized for its broad range of primary human cells, stem cells and blood cells, as well as optimized cell culture media for primary cells and cancer cell lines. Scientists worldwide use our PromoCell products in basic and applied biomedical research. Under its PromoKine brand, PromoCell also offers a wide range of products for cell biology research, such as cell analysis kits, cell transfection reagents, fluorescent dyes, antibodies, ELISAs, and cytokines, that help scientists to facilitate their daily lab work and obtain optimal results.
We are seeking a home-based, full-time Inside Sales Representative, located with close proximity to a major airport (Chicago or Boston preferred). As part of the U.S. Direct Sales team, you will work closely with other U.S.-based sales and scientific support specialists, as well as with colleagues located at our headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany. You will report to the Director of U.S. Sales & Scientific Support.
As an Inside Sales Representative, you will be a key member of a multi-functional team including Sales, Marketing, and Research & Development, with the overall aim of achieving marketing and revenue goals. In order to achieve U.S. sales objectives, you work within the U.S. team to provide independent lead generation and customer contact support functions.
Actively targeting new and existing customers, as well as presentation of our products and applications requiring explanations via telephone and e-mail
- Searching for new customers and expanding cross-selling opportunities at existing customers
- Conversion of marketing leads into purchasing customers
- Achievement of U.S. sales objectives through developing relationships with key customers
- Maintenance of project and customer data in the ERP/CRM System
- Close collaboration with the international sales team
- BA/BS or MSc degree in biology, molecular biology, biomedical engineering or similar
- Undergraduate or graduate coursework in cell biology
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate internally and externally with audiences of varying backgrounds. Ability to present scientific and technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and have high attention to detail. Ability to successfully work autonomously, while also being a team player.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous sales, customer service, or technical support experience preferred but not required. We are willing to train candidates with the right attitude and a biology background.
- Intensive job training
- Career development support through hands-on experience with scientific sales and marketing
- A team-oriented environment with short and efficient communication channels
- Competitive salary with performance-based commission
- Opportunity for international travel to headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany up to two times/year for training and sales meetings
Please send your cover letter and resume to Ms. Tobi Limke, PhD. (firstname.lastname@example.org)