Ritchie Bros. is a multichannel, solution-based company, transacting billions of dollars of heavy equipment a year; helping thousands of people around the world appraise, sell, inspect, buy, refurbish, ship and finance heavy equipment every month. We operate in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, oil and gas, agriculture, energy and mining.
Our brands include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer, offering live auction events with online bidding through a majority ownership in , a ; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions; Marketplace E, an online auction marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. We provide sector-specific solutions including Kramer, SalvageSales, GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, and Kruse Energy Auctioneers, plus equipment appraisal services through IronClad Assurance andAsset Appraisals; in addition to, financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services.
Join a growing global company that offers endless career and learning opportunities with a work culture like no other.
We’re looking for an Inside Sales Representative in Pleasanton, CA.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
This fast paced position requires heavy phone volume, constant negotiation, and general education of the user base to facilitate transactions. Enter all communication into our customer database.
In this role you’ll:
- Make 80-100 outbound calls per day, generating as many offers as possible
- Increase bids in Weekly Thursday Auction
- Negotiate transactions in the Daily Marketplace to exceed team sales goals
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing excellent customer service in your region
- Educate customers about terminology, features, and benefits of each unit in your region
- Effectively maintain our customer database
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties assigned
Here’s what you bring:
- Prior experience in telesales or sales required
- 3-5 years experience in telesales or sales in the construction equipment field
- Detail oriented, excellent verbal communications skills, and work well under pressure
- Quick learner, ability to multi-task and act with sense of urgency
- Must enjoy selling
- Strong teamwork skills
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent Organization skills