Job ID: 12248
Vision Research is a Business Unit in the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc. Vision Research manufactures industry leading high-speed digital cameras. Our cameras are primarily sold into industrial, academic, defense and government research facilities. We also have a smaller entertainment oriented camera business. Although not our primary focus, Vision Research has received both an Academy Award and an Emmy for our technical contribution to the entertainment industry. To learn more about Vision Research, Phantom cameras and to get a good idea of the type of images we can collect please go to www.phantomhighspeed.com
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $ 4 billion.
AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. AMETEK Vision Research provides a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match. We have a casual work environment. AMETEK Vision Research is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Inspection and Repair Technician
Supports the company’s values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, honesty and accountability.
Under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Inspection and Repair Technician performs PCBA inspections, executes AOI processing set up and evaluation, will document results where applicable. This individual executes a variety of tasks for the Operations and Manufacturing Engineering functions.
Reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Work with Manufacturing Engineering to run reflow profiles, automated optical inspection programs, and SMT placement programs
•Work within the necessary Manufacturing Departs to assist with processing of all required material
•Other duties might be assigned as needed to support Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials.
• Work requires an understanding of day-to-day business activities and effective oral and written communications skills.
• Must have knowledge of general electronic devices and acceptability standards, the ability to use various equipment including drills and other hand tools.
• Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
• Work requires some analytical ability to gather and summarize findings for reports, find solutions to bottlenecks and or quality issues which may affect output
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience equivalent to 3-5 years
* General office experience and/or manufacturing floor support experience
* Work requires an understanding of day-to-day business activities and effective oral and written communications skills.
* Must have knowledge of general electronic devices and acceptability standards, the ability to use various equipment including drills and other hand tools.
* Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
* Work requires some analytical ability to gather and summarize findings for reports, find solutions to bottlenecks and or quality issues which may affect output
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.