The Installation and Startup Engineer for Steam Turbine (ISE) II will be expected to plan, direct, and execute procedures and technical support for construction and commissioning activities of CCGT projects. The ISE II will work under the direction of the Senior Manager, Installation and Start-Up Engineering or Section Team Leader to coordinate activities with Engineering, Technical Field Advisors in the field, Vendors and Contractors at site.
Additionally, employees are required to have general knowledge of construction processes along with a specific skill set with Steam Turbine field engineering execution.
2.0 ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate internally with other execution disciplines and external suppliers both within Company prescribed policies/procedure and/or direction from the Installation and Start-up Engineering Manager
- MUST HAVE STEAM TURBINE EXPERIENCE, preferably as a field engineer w/installation and start-up experience. This is not a field engineer position, but would required working in Orlando, FL supporting field engineers & customers with less than 15% travel.
- Looking for someone who has experience with sequencing of build-up procedures, either as a OEM candidate or APC candidate.
- Observes and ensures construction practices as required for compliance of construction operations/execution with federal, state, and local codes, industry standards, company procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Gather approved required documents and information to support the successful completion of relevant construction activities/requirements. Study and understand the project specifications, procedures, and relevant portions of the Contract.
- Creation of erection and commissioning procedures to support Steam Turbine ground up installation, and other areas as assigned.
- Responsible for adhering to and promoting safe work practices.
- Represent ISE in project meetings to achieve successful completion of assigned work responsibilities.
- Responsible for Technical tasks of assigned projects under supervision of Installation and Start-up Engineering Manager
- Responsible for Providing Timely Solution for SAR (Site Action Request). Includes tracking, working with quality, project/process/design engineering, suppliers, Field TFA team and supply chain.
- Examines drawings for completeness, detail, and accuracy as peer reviewer. Checks manufacturers’ prints and coordinates between these and the company drawings
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate effectively with staff and management at all levels.
- Protects confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Proficiency at providing technical support to projects in construction and commissioning.
- Bid evaluations and reviewing equipment specifications.
- Maybe required to travel to sites both domestically and international up to 20% a year in the course of business.
- Required to maintain a valid passport and driver’s license.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering or Technical diploma from college or university and six (6) years’ experience with Steam Turbine; or, ten (10) years related experience with Steam Turbines. Familiarity with Combined Cycle Power Plant Equipment is required. Experience with ISO procedures and OSHA safety requirements would be an asset. International experience desirable. Understanding of Power plant equipment such as pumps, condensers, cooling towers, rotating equipment, turbines, material handling, water treatment, valves, and heat exchangers.
- Language Skills:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineered drawings, technical procedures, supplier documentation, schedules, and material take-off. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Strong understanding of spoken and written English.
- Reasoning Ability:Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills:Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Sharepoint, electronic mail etc.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some sites.