Position Instructional Designer
Location Pittsford, NY 14534
Pay Rate $35.00 - $40.00 p/h
Duration Contract 6+months
Start Date ASAP
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Instructional Designer contract position at our corporate headquarters in Pittsford, NY (a suburb of Rochester).
This is a newly created position and is responsible for working closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and learning and development team members to apply adult learning strategies to create innovative, engaging, and interactive content within a variety of training solutions. Learning product deliverables include eLearning, webinars, and instructor-led courses in online, blended, and classroom learning environments produced using sound instructional design principles and best practices. This position will be supported by the North American Training Leader and the Manager of Curriculum and Development.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Consult with Product/Program Managers on the needs analyses of stakeholders across various areas of the business to identify true learning needs.
• Collaborate/consult with Subject Matter Experts to identify key knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with learning objectives.
• Collaborate with training and development team to identify appropriate instructional strategies based on content type, level of learner cognition needed post training, learner attributes, technology delivery platforms, etc.
• Contribute to the innovation of learning products by contributing ideas for new training materials and improvement of existing training materials.
• Create design documentation that communicates learning objectives, content structure, assessment measures, and learning impact.
• Create prototypes, storyboards, scripts, course content, simulations, scenarios, assessments, etc. for learning solutions.
• Build learning materials using eLearning authoring tools.
• Leverage interactive, online learning models, AICC and SCORM standards, and adult learning principles to design and deliver effective training.
• Partner with LMS Administrator to deliver and embed content.
• Establish best practices surrounding e-learning development, including creating design templates and identifying opportunities to streamline the production process.
• Keep up-to-date with instructional design methodology and best practices.
• Maintain a current technical skill set and continuously researches effective e-learning options, tools, best practices, and industry trends.
• Bachelors Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Educational Technology, or a related field of study; Graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in application of adult learning theory, instructional design, and online learning product development; preference for experience with both rapid and robust authoring tools and integration and delivery of e-learning courseware in learning management systems.
• Advanced working knowledge of eLearning course authoring tools such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate and Creative Suite tools, Camtasia, and related software.
• Working knowledge of integrating audio, video, and animations using eLearning development tools.
• Experience working in Learning Management Systems (LMS); Moodle experience preferred.
• Knowledge of best practices for e-learning product and/or web development including security, performance, cross-domain delivery of content, cross-browser compatibility, delivery to mobile devices and scalability.
• Understanding of quality graphic design, ideally with experience working with graphic designers and developing graphics in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Ability to learn the business’s products and processes quickly.
• Fluency in English required; multilingual preferred.
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor.
• Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills with a detail orientation.
• Experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery.
• Ability to effectively and accurately work on several projects one at a time, prioritize and organize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• High level of organizational and time management skills.
• Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations.
• Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with staff at all levels within the organization.
PC / IT Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
Travel Requirements: Some domestic or international travel may be required; less than 25 percent of the time for training, conferences, meetings, events, or special work projects
Please send qualified resume to Daniel firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp Write JOB ID # 54270 on subject line of email.