The Instructional Designer position will be responsible for the instructional design and development of our technical - eLearning and blended learning courseware. This will also include developing certification curricula, new hire curricula, specialist and SME curricula, operational readiness testing, surveys, quizzes, quality metrics and other available tools to evaluate the effectiveness of training and assess new Investigator learning and skill development through to Subject Matter Expert.
Overall, the Instructional Designer position will be responsible for driving high quality training content for all eLearning programs, instructor led content, virtual classroom design, tool kits, study guides, performance support aids for all of our global sites, and play a significant role in the development of a successful and effective global technical support team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and Develop - using the ISD-ADDIE model to develop blended learning curricula for vendor programs
- Design, development, program and manage work flow processes and publishing content to LMS
- Design and develop - glossaries, online tools, practice tests, performance support aids, online tutorials,, etc.
- Design and develop new hire testing and certification testing and assessments
- Manage and maintain all delivery media and eLearning application software
- Manage training content/updates residing on SharePoint and shared drives
- Manage, Monitor and Maintain all testing and assessment data within LMS or other testing platform
- Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
- Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessment coaching and feedback programs
- Demonstrated experience developing eLearning courseware, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials, including gaming modules.
- Expertise in development eLearning tools such as Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Flash,
- Excellent communication skills and editing for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including superior skill in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts and managers.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills.
- Ability to use multiple learning methods and link appropriate methods with subject matter.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an instructional design role.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant college course work, preferably in a communication, education or related field.
- A passion for effective visual communication and a healthy sense of humor are essential to the role.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in learning design and development
- CPLP or other learning/training certification a plus