Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking an Instructional Technologist for our client in the Education domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 5 Months Contract that is 20-30 hours/week with 1-2 days/week onsite in Chicago (with possible extension)
Location: Chicago, IL 60606
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Instructional Technologist
Primary Skill: Instructional Designing
Role Description: The Instructional Designer would need to have at least 1-3 years of experience. For this role, you must be an Instructional Technologist with higher education experience to assist with the development of online Distance Learning courses.
As the technologist, you will collaborate with the Instructional Designers and Professor to develop online courses in Canvas LMS. You will oversee and design all the media for the course, for example animations, simulations, pictures, graphic and videos.
Must have experience in a Learning Environment. Highly prefer Canvas experience, but experience in Moodle or Blackboard will also work.
- Canvas, Moodle, or Blackboard experience. Video experience, media design tools such as Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop.
Other Job Duties:
- Conduct research to identify potential uses for new and emerging learning technologies with emphasis on technologies that support learning analytics, accessibility, student engagement, and consistent user experience across multiple platforms.
- Support the course continuous improvement process by recommending and implementing new technology solutions based on faculty and learning designer feedback and course analytics.
- Collaborate with learning designers and faculty on the adoption of appropriate instructional technologies that can advance their educational goals.
- Troubleshoot course technology issues with faculty and learning designers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, learning technology, electronic media development, visual communications, instructional design or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and comparable skills.
- 1+ years working in the instructional technology field, preferably in higher education.
- Experience answering technical questions and providing tutorials in group and individualized sessions.
- Experience in Canvas, Moodle, or Blackboard LMS and Adobe Design tools
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Travel: Work onsite in River North 1-2 days/week. The rest of the work can be done remotely.
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Jonathan Frazin
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Expected Travel Time: None