RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Insurance Follow Up/Appeals Specialist in Tampa, Florida (FL).
This position will require the employee to effectively communicate between hospitals and insurance payers to expedite claim resolution over the phone and internet. A background that includes insurance follow-up, insurance collections and denials management is desired. We are looking for applicants that will support an environment of teamwork and customer service excellence. Our goal is to exceed client expectations, while increasing revenue recovery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Resolve and collect medical claims with commercial, private and government insurance carriers
- Utilize various hospital/physician systems to verify patient, billing and claim submission for accuracy
- Analyze payer denials for appropriate response to ensure claim reimbursement
- Research claim payment and claim follow-up
- Associates degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required
- AAHAM Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist-Institutional accreditation is preferred, but not required; Coding certification is a plus
- 3+ years of verifiable experience working with health insurance facility (UB-04) claims and appeals
- Working knowledge of ICD-10, Revenue Codes, and CPT/HCPCS, preferably experience resolving coding denials
- Basic working knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- Excellent verbal, writing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to problem solve and think critically to identify payer trends
- Able to utilize time management skills to manage daily tasks
- High level of computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other office software applications is required
- Prior remote position experience a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.