The CSI Companies is currently seeking an Insurance Reimbursement Manager to support one of our clients in the Maitland, FL area!
Duration: Long term contract with potential to convert perm
Hours: Standard business hours
This person will manage all functions of billing and insurance reimbursement areas for assigned payor accounts, monitor A/R by reviewing all payer account listing logs, ensure all accounts are processed and identify barriers causing delay in payments, and maintain working relationship with all payers, staying in constant communication with provider representatives/contract managers.
• Ability to serve as hospital liaison for patient and family in absence of patient representative.
• Ability to use discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
• Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly.
• Ability to give and follow written and verbal directions.
• Self-motivator, quick thinker.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Five (5) years’ experience (including two years supervisory experience) in Patient Access/Patient Financial Services Department or related area (registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical office, or contract management).
• Four (4) year college degree preferred (business, healthcare or health services administration, health information management, communications, finance, accounting, public administration, human resources, management, or marketing).
Main Job Duties:
• Plans, develops, organizes, and manages all staff in daily operations of working payments, denials, correspondence and credit balances as appropriate. Responsible for all Insurance Reimbursement outcomes in assigned areas.
• Monitors A/R by reviewing all payer account listing logs, ensuring all accounts reaching days in A/R over 60, 90 and 150 are processed, and identifies barriers causing delay in payment. Follows up as appropriate with payers and contract manager for resolution. Reports all issues identified at quarterly JOC meetings/state meetings for Governmental Agencies.
• Monitors all accounts pending DNFB and RMAU on a weekly basis ensuring timely billing per payer requirements and Federal Regulations; escalates as needed to resolve issues holding accounts.
• Establishes and maintains working relationship with all payers, staying in constant communication with provider representatives/contract managers, ensuring contract language is followed, and if not, appropriate action is taken with contract management.
• Focuses on process improvement strategies with special focus on Insurance Reimbursement outcomes to protect financial standing of organization. Reviews all financial reports available, communicates outcomes to team and leadership timely, and provides accurate statistical records and reports. Holds self and staff accountable for individual and team goals set by PA/PFS Department. Evaluates staff at 90 day and annually in accordance with regulatory standards including giving constant feedback on productivity and any disciplinary action that is required including HR when appropriate.
• Monitors all department changes/updates to ensure communication with team by holding weekly meetings including any continuing education that might be needed. Monitors mandatory training to ensure they are completed as required.
• Monitors all employees ensuring compliance with HIPAA and all other Federal Regulations are apriority followed